AADHAAR Sim Card Link Status: Aadhaar is now mandatory to get mobile sim. How many mobile sim are linked with your aadhaar number? Now this information can be obtained. If you are not using any of the SIMs, then you can disconnect it. The Department of Telecom has launched a portal called Telecom Analytics for fraud management and consumer protection or TAFCOP. Through this you can find out how many SIMs are running in your name. This portal was launched in April, when cases of fraud numbers being registered on Aadhaar were coming to the fore.
how to check
- First of all go to https://www.tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/ website.
- Enter your mobile number there.
- After this you will get a one time password (OTP).
- A list will appear after submitting the OTP. With which you will know how many numbers are registered on your Aadhaar.
- Block the number you are not using in this list.
- A tracking ID will be given to the consumer, from which it can be found that what action has been taken against the issuer of invalid number on Aadhaar?
It must be checked that how many SIMs are registered with your Aadhaar. Maybe some fake sim is running in your name. If so, then you may be in trouble. Usually people get a new SIM issued after losing the mobile phone but do not take care of the old SIM. Doing this is a big mistake because if your old SIM is linked to your Aadhaar number and if any wrongdoing happens with it, then the investigation of the police can reach you too.